The Camino de Santiago has experienced a striking revival. Cutting across Spain from the Pyrenees in the east, to Santiago de Compostela in the west, it leads you through the varied and beautiful ancient kingdoms of northern Spain. This Footprint Handbook provides invaluable information on transport, accommodation, eating and entertainment both on the medieval pilgrim route and in the picturesque towns close by.
- Essentials section with useful advice on getting to and along the Camino de Santiago
- Comprehensive, up to date listings of where to eat, sleep and relax
- Includes information on tour operators and activities, from sampling red wine in La Rioja to the wild beauty of Cape Finisterre
- Detailed maps of Santiago de Compostela, Pamplona, Burgos and other key towns in the region
- Slim enough to fit in your pocket
With detailed information on all the main sights, plus many lesser-known places of interest, Footprint Handbook Camino de Santiago provides concise and comprehensive coverage of Spain’s most famous historical route.